Monday, January 11, 2010

A visit to 7-11

My friend Kim and I stopped by 7-11 convenience store last weekend when we were out for dinner. She wanted a bottle of water. I loved the bottle she got (VOSS) a tall clear bottle with a wide mouth. I got to thinking - again, amazing I do that so much - that I wanted that bottle too. In prep for surgery and my new lifelong plan, I need to drink more water. Why not drink out of a bottle that is aesthetically pleasing and to my eye, the VOSS bottle is.

I walk into 7-11 to get the bottle and see the Hostess pies. I used to be seriously addicted to those damn Hostess Cherry Pies in my youth. I admit, I'd even have occasion to 'borrow' one off the shelf in our trek thru the liquor store each morning on the way to junior high school all those years ago. When I was pregnant with my son, who will be 25 in July this year (OMG where did time go) I craved HOSTESS CHERRY PIE. My (then) husband went out to get one for me and came home with a GENERIC CHERRY PIE. Can you imagine what kind of response that got from me - I mean, pregnant and emotional and in the midst of a craving? Let's say he never EVER got me anything other a HOSTESS CHERRY PIE when that is what I asked for.

Well, I did it. In addition to my water, I picked up a Hostess Cherry Pie. The gent in line in front of me has his own demons. He had an extra tall can of some type of beer with a red label and a bag of BBQ chips. Seems his 'after work' relax is of a different nature. Wonder which of ours is worse?

I'm sitting here drinking my water, all 28.7 fl oz of it, and I'm eating my cherry pie. The pie is good. I've not had one in well over 2 years but truthfully, I don't think I'll be missing it after surgery.

Oh, I called the doc on my biopsy taken from the endoscopy and they said all was normal. That is good. Tomorrow a.m. is my psych eval and they called tonight just after 4p.m. and asked if I could come in at 8:30am instead of 2pm Sure why not - I'm no crazier or any more sane at 8:30 than I am at 2 pm .... am I???

No comments:

Post a Comment