Monday, January 18, 2010

A very rainy holiday Monday for me

The house is quite today. I slept till 10 a.m. even after a call from my son at 7:30 a.m. He was at the airport in Boston and his flight to Chicago was delayed. What to do in his spare time? yup, call and wake me up when he knew this was a vacation day for me. Gotta love the kids.

My friend Nita had her RNY on Friday. I saw her on Saturday and she was feeling pretty crappy. Evidently she reacts very poorly to anesthesia and could not seem to get it out of her system. She was ok enough to do three laps and I walked with her. Her mood was down and I was feeling at a loss. When I phoned her on Sunday - wow - what a difference. She was talkative and feeling so much better and if she got her fluids in she was going home on Sunday nite (come to find out she did get to go home and she was feeling good but apprehensive on how to deal once she was without nurses!)

I'm here awaiting my call saying everything was approved by insurance. I'm worried the VSG may not be covered. I really want that vs the RNY but I can't seem to get a clear answer out of my CS team. They say weight loss surgery is covered but they did not get any more specific. I guess I just need to wait and see!

I pulled out my Wii a few weeks ago and have been looking at it and deciding what to do. I've done a bit of bowling a few times but yesterday I did some real exercise. LOL I did ski jumping and hula hooping and step box aerobics. only 15 minutes but that is 15 mins more than I've done in the last year. It can only get better from here right? Speaking of that, I suppose I should go do some now while I've got some energy.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog and wanted to write and wish you well!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the VSG to be covered! I had a two part DS, so my first year was the VSG. I lost about 100 pounds with that! (and didn't have the constant worry about vitamin malabsorption, etc) Keep writing, it helps keep you sane! When you have time, check out my blog Life is Good (so far).
    http://lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com/
    There's some low carb recipes, as well as some stories of my life after Weight Loss Surgery. Good Luck! MC

    ReplyDelete